The Volunteer Engagement Center at United Way works with various agencies throughout the community to help individuals find enriching community service opportunities. Please check our listing of volunteer opportunities through Volunteer Solutions by clicking here: http://www.volunteersolutions.org/uwgt/volunteer/
- Make sure you know how many hours you must perform and the deadline for completing your service
- Think about what kind of service you would enjoy so that the work is rewarding
- Think about the skills you’d like to learn and how it could enhance your experience or education
- Make sure you check with your school advisor or probation officer to assure that your time will count toward your required hours
- If an educational-requirement, consider opportunities in-line with your career goals.
- If court-ordered, let the agency know that you are required to do this service by the courts and that you have paperwork that must be completed by your agency supervisor.